Dead or Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead or Alive is an unbiased and fun-loving clan founded in MBII that can and will accommodate fairness among visitors to and members from the clan.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposition for joint server

Go down 
+4
Jim
SkeeT
Dementos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dementos

Dementos

Proposition for joint server Empty
PostSubject: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi all, for those of you who don't know me I'm 2nd in command for ^Ðark^ clan. The clan has been around since early B17 when it was started by Grimmjoww (aka best saberist in mb2 for all time), and I started playing around mid 2005.

My idea is this: Since a few of my trusted members has come to DOA since the clan has been mildly in-active (school, work, etc.) I'd like to propose the use of a dual-clan server. ^Ðark^ clan is fairly well known, and a server merger is guaranteed to sky rocket population for both sides. We have all of the members we need since we've always been a quality > quantity mindset, so DOA is more than welcome to any potential applicants unless they show exclusive interest to ^Ðark^.

Just a short off-topic throw in, Metaguardian (leader of clan CoR, not sure if any oldies here remember him) has been wanting to do another CoR clan reunion in the near future. Last reunion we had a population of 32/32 throughout the entire weekend, and it slowly declined over the next couple of weeks. This would be a great chance to get some old players onto the server and raise pop.

Thanks for the time!

EDIT from SubFocus so everyone can see -

DoA and Dark have been RE-MERGED.
Back to top Go down
<Noob>

<Noob>

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:20 pm

My question is will this interfere with the DoA server already up? Or will this be an enitrely new server?
Back to top Go down
Dementos

Dementos

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Quote :
My question is will this interfere with the DoA server already up? Or will this be an enitrely new server?

Thanks for the question.

It'd probably be easiest just to use the current server as of right now. Once I graduate in a few weeks I'll be able to supply another server, most likely an RTV/RTM FA server with uMad maps and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:49 pm

So, in a nutshell, what Dementos is proposing is a partnership between DoA and Dark. He and Grimm are going to cancel their Chivalry server, and revive the Dark RTV server. This would give us two servers between the two of our clans. Once we're partnered, we can police eachothers' servers with trusted administration. Lots of Dark is international, so we'd be able to have reliable staff on, even for Euro-traffic hours.

Pros:
- Another server
- More Admins (In Particular: Rigs, Ko, Dementos, Steed) (All cools guys IMO)
- More Players
- Trusted reputation; good servers, good population, etc.
- More Veteran connections
- Clans will still be "separate," just joint-cooperation between our servers.
- We can scrimmage!

Cons:
- Paradine is in Dark
- - That's about it really. I think we can tolerate him.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Skee has persuaded me thus far in his summary, though I haven't quite jumped at the chance of aligning with Paradine again, given his reputable state.

Wait, I said "again" when referring to Paradine. Paradine joined this clan under an alias whilst being part of Ðark, as confirmed by Skee. He double-clanned. Another reason he was deservedly kicked from DoA, hm?

Anyway, back to the topic.

I don't know what the odds are that this proposition will benefit us, or if there will be any change other than the server title. But if we can bring more vets back into MBII, learn how to scrim for once, and share our power with Dark so both sides can gain more revenue, I'd say this is worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
https://deadoralivemb2.forumotion.com
SkeeT

SkeeT

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Keep in mind (and in heart lol) guys, I plan to stay with DoA despite my previous and relatively strong affiliation with Dark. I know how this might look, but you guys have grown on me and this community needs me (:

AOD will be powerless when it comes to competing with what DoA and Dark can do together, and I know Dark has done joint-cooperation in the past with other servers, and with very reasonable terms. This will give us two servers for the price of one! The leaders of Dark view us as a powerful potential ally, and I think we should view them in a similar fashion. There is nothing to fear, and little, if anything to lose.

Admins on our server will be admins on theirs, and a handful of admins from their clan will be granted the same privileges on ours. Their guys are a lil' older, seasoned and very disciplined - this'll be beneficial to what we're trying to accomplish on our server.

Once we fabricate an almost omni-present, and reliable admin staff, we will be fully capable of destroying AOD's seeming stranglehold on the multi-national MB2 community once and for all.
Twisted Evil 

I also have more workings in store for the advancement of DoA, but I'll save those for the coming days, as nothing has been set in stone yet, so to speak.
- - -
I'd like to gather more opinions on this alliance with ^D@rk^. Please voice any concerns to me. Your two cents on the matter is appreciated!
Back to top Go down
<Noob>

<Noob>

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 7:45 pm

If our democracy style of councils still apply. I am in Smile
Back to top Go down
Subfocus
Emperor
Subfocus

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Dementos

Dementos

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:42 am

Banned For 7 days.
Advertising/Posting private chat.
Back to top Go down
SubFusion

SubFusion

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:14 am

What would be special about DoA if we are DoA and Dark, Nothing. The Clan and all its members have built something special. All the new servers will come, like DoA honor duels, I don't agree with this. There is no point we're doing fine by our self! 20+ players last night! And we now have 2 servers Dark has died on Mb2. There is nothing they can bring to the table we need. Trolls are known in there clan like Dark Steed. And they want Dark Members to be staff on OUR servers that WE built up! Hell no. Yes we have trolls to but we are a clan. Together we made this, why let someone else have the glory. DoA should because we have payed to have such a great clan!
Back to top Go down
SubFusion

SubFusion

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:42 am

Jim wrote:
Skee has persuaded me thus far in his summary, though I haven't quite jumped at the chance of aligning with Paradine again, given his reputable state.

Wait, I said "again" when referring to Paradine. Paradine joined this clan under an alias whilst being part of Ðark, as confirmed by Skee. He double-clanned. Another reason he was deservedly kicked from DoA, hm?

Anyway, back to the topic.

I don't know what the odds are that this proposition will benefit us, or if there will be any change other than the server title. But if we can bring more vets back into MBII, learn how to scrim for once, and share our power with Dark so both sides can gain more revenue, I'd say this is worth a shot.

Jim, we've had 20+ players a lot of days. We have 2 servers and we have a good clan. Why do we need another taking potential members away from DoA. You built this website for doa, me and cody built the servers for DoA + public. Not for other clans to come and have a say in it. What is the point man? We're doing great things with the Mb2 community Dark had there chance now is ours.
Back to top Go down
SubFusion

SubFusion

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:15 am

Dementos wrote:
Hey all, our end of the Dark/DOA thing is complied with. Our clans both now have a server provided by user Dorito, purchased from Blue Fang Solutions. It's a Powerbattles/uMad type server on FA, soon to be equipped with RTV/RTM.

^Đ@rk^DoA^ RTV/FA
US
23.106.102.3:22916
pb_dotf

DoA staff never accepted this, and you're advertising.
You really piss me off you posted our chat here are you serious.
DoA is a great clan and Dark has fallen.
Back to top Go down
SubFusion

SubFusion

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:15 am

^DoA^SubFusion: He said his clan is made up of trolls
tchalz13: lol!
^DoA^SubFusion: LOL
tchalz13: sounds like a fine clan to ally with
tchalz13: NOT
^DoA^SubFusion: LOL
Back to top Go down
SubFusion

SubFusion

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:16 am

SkeeT wrote:
Keep in mind (and in heart lol) guys, I plan to stay with DoA despite my previous and relatively strong affiliation with Dark. I know how this might look, but you guys have grown on me and this community needs me (:

AOD will be powerless when it comes to competing with what DoA and Dark can do together, and I know Dark has done joint-cooperation in the past with other servers, and with very reasonable terms. This will give us two servers for the price of one! The leaders of Dark view us as a powerful potential ally, and I think we should view them in a similar fashion. There is nothing to fear, and little, if anything to lose.

Admins on our server will be admins on theirs, and a handful of admins from their clan will be granted the same privileges on ours. Their guys are a lil' older, seasoned and very disciplined - this'll be beneficial to what we're trying to accomplish on our server.

Once we fabricate an almost omni-present, and reliable admin staff, we will be fully capable of destroying AOD's seeming stranglehold on the multi-national MB2 community once and for all.
Twisted Evil 

I also have more workings in store for the advancement of DoA, but I'll save those for the coming days, as nothing has been set in stone yet, so to speak.
- - -
I'd like to gather more opinions on this alliance with ^D@rk^. Please voice any concerns to me. Your two cents on the matter is appreciated!
I'm sorry skee but i won't let them ruin our clan when they said there clan is made up of trolls. Sorry man but, i don't agree.
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:46 am

Did you come on the server last night... at all?
Back to top Go down
Subfocus
Emperor
Subfocus

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 6:08 pm

DoA and Dark have been re-merged due to recent events and changes.
Back to top Go down
Churlish Church

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 6:20 pm

What?
DOA merged now?
I'm leaving then.
Back to top Go down
Bantha

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 5:48 pm

I come back to find a lot has changed o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposition for joint server   Proposition for joint server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposition for joint server
Page 1 of 1