Dead or Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead or Alive is an unbiased and fun-loving clan founded in MBII that can and will accommodate fairness among visitors to and members from the clan.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOA Server Plan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim
Knight
Jim

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Hey, everybody. Lately, I've spoken to SubFocus about how we're going to have our servers transition and came up with a plan that he agreed with. So, here's what's on the table:
SubFusion, co-reviver of DOA, is the one who's been paying for our current DOA Honor Duels server. Lately, he's been working hard and making money to keep the server up and he's working toward getting another server by this Thursday or sometime later. As soon as he has enough money, he's going to host a new FA server that will have everything ranging from CMP to PowerBattles to the uMad pack.
We will also be making changes for our current server. We are going to be changing it from DOA Honor Duels to DOA TSD, or Team Saber Deathmatch. On the weekends, it will be locked by a password so we can have training sessions. If any outsiders would like to join us on training session, you can register on the website and PM anyone for the password. People who don't know the DOA site yet can be directed by a DOA member on the FA server.
Keep playing with us, we look forward to it!
-Jim
Back to top Go down
https://deadoralivemb2.forumotion.com
Sativa

Sativa

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:46 am

This sound really exciting. I'm really pumped to see a new dueling clan in MB2. My only suggestion though is that maybe only have one day a week where you lock the server? Locking for too long makes people less interested. Also, to find the forum url I had to go on the server and read the motd, which you cannot read if it is password blocked, so if you have no steam, and no password, how can we expect them to register? Not trying to be an ass, just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Knight
Jim

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 am

Sativa wrote:
This sound really exciting. I'm really pumped to see a new dueling clan in MB2. My only suggestion though is that maybe only have one day a week where you lock the server? Locking for too long makes people less interested. Also, to find the forum url I had to go on the server and read the motd, which you cannot read if it is password blocked, so if you have no steam, and no password, how can we expect them to register? Not trying to be an ass, just food for thought.

Because we have a fallback--the FA server, where they can be directed to the website.
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:22 am

I agree with Sativa, but I'd like to shine a different light on the situation. There's no point in locking the server if people aren't going to be training. We all know AOD's training server is just about as close to perpetually unpopulated as any server can be. That being said. . .

How about locking it only for a few hours on the weekend(s), and only when officially scheduled? This Sunday, for example - I will offer free training from 12:00pm-1:30pm EST. After which, if no one else has made training arrangements, the server could return to its normally scheduled Team Saber DM.

Also worth mentioning, I have no qualms with offering tips and technical advice to players in public, un-passworded servers either. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jim
Knight
Jim

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 12:59 pm

SkeeT wrote:
We all know AOD's training server is just about as close to perpetually unpopulated as any server can be. That being said. . .

I feel pretty hurt that you just compared DOA to AOD. Neutral

But I don't know. We'll see. I'm gonna have to review it with SubFocus.
The only problem I have with this is that whenever certain people need to be trained like <Noob>, he kind of comes online at unpredictable times. "I'd rather bring a fleet and not need one than not bring a fleet when I do."
Regardless, I get your point. This could go one of two ways: One, we could limit it to specific hours, which is a bit conflicting because we can't pinpoint when our members will be online yet; two, we could limit training sessions to one day, which somewhat interferes with our progression.
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Jim wrote:
SkeeT wrote:
We all know AOD's training server is just about as close to perpetually unpopulated as any server can be. That being said. . .

I feel pretty hurt that you just compared DOA to AOD. Neutral

Aw, don't take it personally Lol. I mean, who else has a training server?

While I appreciate that you 'get' the points Sativa and I are trying to make, what I'm worried about is the fact that weekends are prime time for gaming.

The reason why I want training to be scheduled in advance (at least for the time being,) rather than every Saturday/Sunday, is I'm certain "DOA Sabers Only TDM" will be popular, and to deprive the MBII community from access to this server on the weekends would deprive DOA of the success it deserves and needs.

First and foremost, we need to work on your recruiting, and having two (un-passworded) servers will help you greatly in that regard, at least in your beginning stages.

Once you obtain about 15-20+ members, then we can start talking about making training a weekly routine. Because what good is (say for example) this week's training, if next week you have 10 new recruits?

Trust me. I want this to be a huge success as much as you do.
I've got your best interests at heart, I promise. (:
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Also,

Perhaps an obscure day of the week, early in the morning would be best for training (ex: Tue/Wed @ 8:00am-12:00pm EST.) That way, your members who want training can set their alarm clocks or what ever. Such is the way of the life of a Jedi. This is of course assuming that training isn't mandatory lol.

We'd miss 'Prime-time' hours, and still be able to get good traffic in the afternoon, etc.

Worth mentioning, I plan to idle on the SO TDM server in order to help it gain more players in the morning/early afternoon.
Back to top Go down
<Noob>

<Noob>

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 4:04 pm

I am PST and I don't think 5 to 9 am would work for me  Razz 
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Quote :
I am PST and I don't think 5 to 9 am would work for me  Razz 

Fair enough, what time *would* work for you? 10am-2pm? or is 10pm-2am more in your range? Bare in mind that's 1pm-4pm and 1am-4am my time.

While I am interested in hearing your preferred hours, (because I want to help train you,) it's more of a rhetorical question, really, because it only exemplifies why individual scheduling would be preferable. This is so because it seems hard to train everyone at once AND keep the server open during prime time hours in order to help in attracting more recruits.

Noob, please add me on Steam: SkeeSilentT
I will work with you to train you on YOUR schedule. (:

I'm still thinking that before we do server-wide training, we need to recruit numbers to get the server filled. A nearly-full server with a password is much more attractive to the clanless denizens of MBII than a passworded server with, say, 3 or 4 people IMO.
Back to top Go down
<Noob>

<Noob>

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:35 pm

like 9 to 1 maybe? (PST)
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:45 pm

So I've noticed that "DOA Honor Duels" has become an OPEN server. This is contrary to the original plans, so I'm a tad confused. I think it's time someone stepped up and told us what the real plans are and when we can expect to see the Saber Only TDM server. Thank you for clarification in advance. (:
Back to top Go down
<Noob>

<Noob>

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:03 pm

SkeeT wrote:
So I've noticed that "DOA Honor Duels" has become an OPEN server. This is contrary to the original plans, so I'm a tad confused. I think it's time someone stepped up and told us what the real plans are and when we can expect to see the Saber Only TDM server. Thank you for clarification in advance. (:

tl;dr

People impatient
people want open
poeple dont want open
=conflict
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Quote :

SkeeT wrote:

tl;dr

People impatient
people want open
poeple dont want open
=conflict

Well, there shouldn't be any conflict once the other server comes.

Shouldn't be an "if" after my $30 donation, since he was only requesting $15 originally. Though, I suspect other donators would help a ton.

I have no reason to believe that the money I gave isn't being put to good use. Yet. Lol.

*Crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
<Noob>

<Noob>

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Yeah, basically people can't wait for the new server so they complain about wanting open.
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Quote :
Yeah, basically people can't wait for the new server so they complain about wanting open.

I'll get to the bottom of it. Dots, one of my sources tells me the other server *should* appear by next Thursday.

Noob, if you haven't already add me on steam: SkeeSilentT
Back to top Go down
<Noob>

<Noob>

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:37 pm

I have sent a request
Back to top Go down
SkeeT

SkeeT

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Quote :
I have sent a request

My inbox is empty, so I've probably already accepted your request. Send me a message sometime and we'll see about scheduling that 1 on 1 training session.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DOA Server Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOA Server Plan   DOA Server Plan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOA Server Plan
Page 1 of 1